Thursday, August 16, 2012

Let’s Make Chocolate Covered Oreos

I know you have seen the decorated oreos on dessert buffets and you have admire them, just as I do. My family and friends request them all the time and they are real easy to make.  Let me show you how I make chocolate covered oreos.

I use the following things.  candy wafers, cookie mold and oreo cookies




Melt the candy wafers according to the directions on the back of package.  I used a double boiler and add a teaspoon of shorting,  The shorting makes the candy wafers very smooth



Place about 2 spoonful of the melted chocolate into the cookie mold.  Tap the mold on the counter so that chocolate evens out and take out bubbles



Place the oreo inside the mold, press down so that the candy  melt covers the oreo, place a another spoonful on top. spreed melt with a spatula and wipe off excess candy melt, so that top looks smooth..

Place mold in the refrigerator for about 10 minutes.



Take mold out refrigerator and pop cookies out of the mold.  Cut off excess candy melt around the edges. Look how perfect they come out.  Nice!




Let's Decorate 

I used Sugar Sheets that I purchased from A.C. Moores, but I have also seen them at Walmart.  They come in all colors and patterns and they are real easy to use.  I used a small circle cookie cutter to make the perfect circle. Took some of the melted candy and dabbed a little on top of oreo and place my perfectly cut circle on top.



I used candy decorated bags and melted candy melts and just drizzled the candy over the oreos


Added some crushed candy canes to these.



And once  you display them, they look fantastic and your family and friends will love them too.



  Well what did you think?  Easy, right?  Next on my list is to try the chocolate transfer sheets.  Well, I hope I have inspired you to try and make them also. 

Enjoy

Leslie



1 comment:

  1. Wow! Wonderful just answered my question of can sugar sheets be applied to chocolate. Beautiufl job and thanks for posting!!!

    ReplyDelete